If you’re wondering how to clean sticky wood kitchen cabinets and make them look new again, you’re in the right place. Sticky kitchen cabinets can be a nuisance, but with the right steps and materials, they can be restored to their original glory. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through how to clean sticky wood kitchen cabinets so that they look as good as new.
The supplies you will need
- Mild detergent
- Soft cloths
- Baking soda
- Wood cleaner
- Wood sealer
For sticky cabinets, you will also need:
- Non-residue oil such as mineral oil
- Cotton swabs or old toothbrush
The supplies you will need will depend on the level of cleaning and restoration needed for your kitchen cabinets. If you are just looking to clean the surface of your cabinets, then the basic cleaning supplies listed above should do the trick. However, if you would like to refinish and restore the wood, then you will need the finishing supplies as well. For sticky cabinets, you will also need non-residue oil and cotton swabs or an old toothbrush in order to get into tight spaces.
The steps to take
- Begin by removing all items from your cabinets. This will allow you to thoroughly clean and disinfect your kitchen cabinets.
- Vacuum the insides of the cabinets and any shelves, paying special attention to crevices and hard-to-reach areas. This will help remove dirt, dust, and grime.
- Mix a solution of half vinegar and half warm water in a spray bottle. Spray the mixture onto a soft cloth and then wipe down the inside and outside of your cabinets.
- Dip a damp cloth into a gentle cleanser like dish soap or mild detergent and scrub the sticky areas until the residue is gone.
- Rinse off your cabinet surfaces with a wet cloth and then wipe dry with a clean, soft cloth.
- To polish the wood, mix together equal parts olive oil and lemon juice in a bowl and apply it to the wood with a soft cloth. Wipe off any excess oil with a dry cloth.
- Put your items back in the cabinets and enjoy the shine!
The results you can expect
Once you’ve finished cleaning your sticky wood kitchen cabinets, you should notice a huge difference. The dirt, grime, and sticky residue will be gone, leaving you with cabinets that look brand new. Your cabinets should now be free of any food or grease stains, and the wood will be restored to its original shine. You can also expect that the cleaner you used will help protect the wood from further damage. After all of this, you should be proud of the results!